Prospective Board Members
For anyone who might be interested in becoming a Board Member, here are the requirements:
1. Must be fully licensed as an LPC or LMFT for a minimum period of three years and in good standing with no reprimands or sanctions, or an individual who wants to represent elders and / or consumers on the Board.
2. Must be willing to serve a term of three (3) years.
3. Must be willing to attend monthly Board meetings to conduct general Board business and interview applicants for licensure. Mileage, meals and lodging will be reimbursed. You may be eligible for stipend for your service to the profession.
4. On occasion, must be willing to participate in conducting workshops, presentations, and attending conferences on behalf of the Board.
5. On occasion, must be willing to attend national conferences germane to licensure and credentialing.
6. Must be willing, when nominated, to serve as an officer of the Board (Chairperson or Secretary).
7. Submit your name and vita (resume’) to the Association Secretary/Executive Director of the Arkansas Counseling Association (ArCA), or Arkansas Mental Health Counselors Association (ArMHCA), or the Arkansas Association for Counselor Education & Supervision (ArACES), or the Arkansas Marriage & Family Counselors Association (ArMFTA), or the Arkansas Licensed Counselors Association (ArLCA), or the Arkansas School Counselors Association (ArSCA). These Associations present candidates to the ArCA for submission to the Governor for review and selection.
8. Willing candidates may connect to the site listed below, complete the documentation process and voluntarily apply for consideration as an appointment to a Board.